Menu

2002 Accord AC Problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Kasey PickarKasey Pickar
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a 2002 Honda Accord with intermittent AC problems. When the AC works the AC light is on and it blows ice cold air. When it doesn’t work it blows ambient temp air and the AC light doesn’t come on. In fact, none of the lights on the climate control module come on. The only thing that seems to work when its happening is the fan speed. I’ve read through countless posts recommending recharge, relays, fuses, new compressor and drier, blend door motors and climate control module. I’m trying to figure out what I should try first. I’m tempted to replace the relays and fuses associated with the climate control first as that’s the cheapest fix. Next to the pick n pull for a Climate Control module as that makes the most sense based on none of the lights coming on when its giving me problems. Anyone have a better idea or comments? Appreciate your time for reading.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Considering when it works you get cols air.
        Safe bet that the system itself has no issues.
        Judging from your description …
        You can skip replacing fuses, they either work or don’t.
        Being the system sometimes works, even money that all the fuses are good.
        The relay may be a different story, but that is easy to remove and test without having to get a replacement right away.
        My money is on a faulty climate control module..
        You might try hooking up a scan tool and see if there are any codes associated with it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…