Menu

2002 acura tl type s immo bypass

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2002 acura tl type s immo bypass

• Creator
    Topic
    skullman2035skullman2035
    Participant

This is blowing my mind. I’ve checked fuses, relays, wires. Key light flashes. Turns over, but will not start. No brake lights, therefore the gear shifter will not work. Forums are saying ecu, immo. I can’t find anything on my ecu in forums. 37820-pge-a61 is the model of my ecu. Can i just remove the immo or is there a way to bypass it. I can’t afford an immo, ecu, and have it reprogrammed. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

I don’t know of any DIY immobilizer deletion options.
        Found this but have no personal knowledge of their business

There’s a brake code / emergency start code that can be entered—obtainable only from Acura with proof of ownership–but this is a procedure that will only work a few times, as it changes daily.
        Details on how to start with the code from Acura
        http://locksmithcharley.com/transponder/acura-honda.shtml

AFAIK, the only other bypass available is with a remote alarm installation that also uses an immobilizer delete box.

skullman2035skullman2035
        Participant

[quote=”Bonnieman” post=189455]I don’t know of any DIY immobilizer deletion options.
          Found this but have no personal knowledge of their business

There’s a brake code / emergency start code that can be entered—obtainable only from Acura with proof of ownership–but this is a procedure that will only work a few times, as it changes daily.
          Details on how to start with the code from Acura
          http://locksmithcharley.com/transponder/acura-honda.shtml

AFAIK, the only other bypass available is with a remote alarm installation that also uses an immobilizer delete box.[/quote]
          Since nothing was working i decided open the ecu and take out the immobilizer, to my surprise it started up and everything works besides the alarm and key fob. I can deal with that. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MikeMike
          Participant

Glad you were able to work around it.
            Thanks for posting your solution.

AngeloAngelo
            Participant

Hey man I’m having the same issue with my TL where was the immobilizer located inside of the ecu and how should I go about taking it out?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…