Menu

2003 F150 4.6L Oil pressure

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 F150 4.6L Oil pressure

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Ruban OrtizRuban Ortiz
    Participant

Losing oil pressure when at idle, revs go above about 1000 rpm, the need goes back to normal. Motor was rebuilt less than a year ago, pressure sensor has been changed, new oil pump during rebuild, hooked oil pressure gauge to it and was reading about 10 psi at 700 rpm. Only loses pressure when engine is at operating temperature. I don’t know what else to do

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

My first guess is some issue with the clearances of the bearings used for the rebuild.

Ruban OrtizRuban Ortiz
        Participant

Yeah unfortunately that’s what I’m thinking. The place that did it, I’m pretty sure, rushed the hell out of it and didn’t seem like they knew what they were doing. They had to actually rebuild it twice because after six months or so, the thrust washers failed and were in the oil pan so it wouldn’t surprise me that they installed something wrong. Unfortunately I’m out of warranty and when I called them they basically told me to screw off. Should I just run the engine till it blows because that about where I’m at with it.

Participant

Unless you think a 3rd rebuild is worth the cost and effort….
            Have you tried sourcing a used engine replacement?

Ruban OrtizRuban Ortiz
            Participant

No I haven’t really looked into it yet but I’m getting to the point where im going to. Either way I’ll be doing all the work myself this time, don’t wanna risk a shop messing it up and I’m out even more money. I’ll probably wait for the motor to fail then I’ll tear it apart and see if the block and heads are good. If they are I’ll just do a rebuild, if not I’ll swap motors.

Participant

Best of luck !!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…