Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Focus randomly sputtering and stalling, no codes

2003 Focus randomly sputtering and stalling, no codes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Focus randomly sputtering and stalling, no codes

• Creator
    Topic
    WesWes
    Participant

I just bought a 2003 Focus and after about two days it started randomly sputtering out and stalling. Starting the car again clears the issue up and it runs just fine. A few symptoms I’ve noticed is that has a bit of a rough idle and its a bit slow to start up, but neither of these were bad enough to throw red flags during the test drive. My dad had similar problems with a Nissan a while back that turned out to be a bad fuel pump and when I looked up the symptoms they seems to fit. I also can hear a whirring noise that I thought was the transmission, but I read the fuel pumps can make that noise when theyre going bad. There are no codes coming up when I scan it. I am also looking into lemon laws but I think I’ll have to fix it myself. What do you guys think?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JeffJeff
      Participant

I think you may be thinking in the right direction with fuel supply. You can check your fuel pump performance with a fuel pressure gauge. You might also start by replacing the fuel filter. It’s not expensive and probably due and could solve the problem without any more extensive diagnosis.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…