Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Honda Odyssey Transmission Fluid?

2003 Honda Odyssey Transmission Fluid?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Honda Odyssey Transmission Fluid?

• Creator
    Topic
    BrandonBrandon
    Participant

I have a question its really important because I need to do a transmission fluid and filter change on my 2003 Honda Odyssey it has 173,000 miles and the fluid is starting to burn and I need to get it replaced before it causes damage.

I was told ATF Z1 is what it requires but I looked everywhere for Z1 and it is unavailable and I seen it was discontinued and now it only shows DW1.

What should I put in it is DW1 the replacement for Z1 I do not want to put the wrong fluid in.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DanielDaniel
      Participant

If the vehicle has never had a flush before don’t get one done now!!! It’s too late. You will destroy your transmission.
        What color is the fluid? Is it red, dark red, redish brown, greenish brown, black…?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

DW1 is the replacement for ATF Z1. Do not ‘flush’ the transmission. Just do a drain and refill. 3 quarts is all you’ll need.

BrandonBrandon
          Participant

I never flush transmissions it always asks for trouble, just going to drain it, replace the filter and fill it.

DanielDaniel
            Participant

Regular transmission flushes are good for the transmission and are recommended by all manufacturers.
              The problem is, if you go too long a trans flush can kill your transmission. Most manufacturers recommend it be done around every 50k or so.
              I would really recommend you not change the fluid if it is real dark or greenish.

BrandonBrandon
              Participant

The fluid is a light brown with a red tinge to it. I already got the filter. I just need to order the fluid.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…