Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4l 4G64 – P0171 + readiness monitors will not set.

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4l 4G64 – P0171 + readiness monitors will not set.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4l 4G64 – P0171 + readiness monitors will not set.

• Creator
    Topic
    NonameNoname
    Participant

Hello all, I have a the aforementioned 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It will not pass any monitors when going through a drive cycle, and it will also throw the code P0171. I am a fully certified technician, and this thing is throwing me a curve ball. I have the P0171 narrowed down to a leaking throttle body, the seals on the blade shaft are leaking and the whole unit must be replaced. Now, as for the monitors not setting, this is new. I used to be able to drive it lightly and keep my foot out of it and it would pass inspection no problem. However, it’s running really lean currently, even though the throttle body leak is minimal, and it runs lean at any throttle position. I have replaced the following to attempt at remedying this: Fuel pump, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, TPS sensor, and I have re-tubed the entire engine with new vacuum hosing to be sure. I also replaced the EGR and EGR solenoid. Still no luck, runs like garbage all the time, fuel trims are very high, usually +10% – +20% which is quite high and well above the 12% threshold to set the code. The car also lacks a lot of power. I cannot pinpoint the source of this and am at my wits end. Anyone have any advice for me? All is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Have you check the operation of your O2 sensors?

NonameNoname
        Participant

HO2S is brand new, lower sensor is original, however it only detects if the catalytic converter is operational.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…