Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7 v8 rebuild heads break in procedure

2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7 v8 rebuild heads break in procedure

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 dodge ram 1500 4.7 v8 rebuild heads break in procedure

• Creator
    Topic
    Agustin moralesAgustin morales
    Participant

Ok i might be asking a dumb question but i just rebuild the heads in my dodge ram 1500 with the 4.7 magnum v8 and was wondering if i need to do a break in or just drive it normally? I didn’t do anything to the block just the heads. Had a dropped valve seat replaced them all and checked for cracks everything seems ok. I put it all back together. Now i Wanted to know if i should do a break in procedure and how do i do the procedure? thanks alot.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Only concern would be if you replaced the cam and lifters.
        Those require special break in procedures.
        If it is only the heads, I would drive it normally for the first few 100 miles.

Participant

I replaced the lifters & reused my cams. Didn’t see anything wrong with cams so assumed it was ok to reuse.

Participant

In that case you should follow the break in procedure to seat the new lifters to the cam.
            I’ve only done new lifters with a new cam and followed the break in instructions.
            You will need to see if the lifters came with such instructions.

Participant

I didn’t get any paper with instructions just a receipt of purchase. Where would i be able to find the break in instructions?

Participant

Usually break in lube on the face of the lifters and the 20 minutes at 2k. Flat tappet break in lube in the oil as well.

Participant

Ok thanks for the information. Have a blessed one.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…