Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2004 Honda Element/CRV Thermostat Replacement

2004 Honda Element/CRV Thermostat Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 2004 Honda Element/CRV Thermostat Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I didn’t really do this to solve a problem so much as do it for maintenance purposes. This thermostat has a unique design that has it’s own installation challenges, but I was able to overcome them. I hope you find it educational and entertaining.

Thanks for watching!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RereonehundredRereonehundred
      Participant

Since 1976 with Hondas and Toyotas, I’ve never had to replace a thermostat.

I’ve always used distilled or deionized water to dilute the antifreeze, and maybe this has helped.

I’ve gotten lazy about coolant changes, as any time I’ve done one, the sediment the in overflow is nil, and the coolant looks just fine.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

That probably helps, but thermostats are mechanical devices that go through many heat cycles. They do wear out eventually. Thanks for the comment.

Mohamed NawwarMohamed Nawwar
          Participant

Hello eric…thank you for the video i changed the thermostat on my crv using this video….little tip for you the original bolts were longer than the housing by 2 mm that made the bolts tip rust over time so they got bigger so when unscrewing them the bigger tip goes into the housing which make it very difficult to turn the bolts and the rusted tip will take some of the copper inside the housing…i bought 3 new original bolts from honda..turned out they shortened the bolts by 2 or 3 mm which made the bolt to stay inside the housing and by that the bolt tip part will never rust again…i have a quick question hope you confirm the issue….i have 2 cars Honda crv 2008 and honda accord 2012…both have same engine…the crv cooling fan comes on at 101c and goes off at 92 or so…the accord cycles between 94 and 89…i tested another crv and it does the same as mine…so isn’t 101c a lot for the engine i hav3 never seen a coolant temp goes pass 95c ??!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…