Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2005 Acura TL Engine Swap Coolant Leak problem

2005 Acura TL Engine Swap Coolant Leak problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2005 Acura TL Engine Swap Coolant Leak problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Jack FerreiraJack Ferreira
    Participant

Hi I recently just swapped my engine in 2005 Acura TL 3.2L V6 6 speed manual trans. I was watching your videos on how to do it and I did it. I winded up replacing all motor and trans mounts, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, all ccoils on each plug, starter, ac compressor, drive belt, throw out bearing, clutch, and flywheel. I buttoned everything back after swap and went to add fluids. I added coolant and it started leaking from under under engine where the oil pan meets the trans. It’s leaking from inside the transmission around the flywheel. There’s a peep hole plate to see the flywheel and coolant not touching the flywheel is leaking down past the flywheel. There’s no leaks on the outside of the engine at all. I figured maybe it was the oassge under the intake like you did I had to swap to this engine since this engine came out of an automatic trans but no. Nothing is leaking. What could this possibly be? Did I get a busted engine?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jonathan GabrielJonathan Gabriel
      Participant

It would be crazy to hear that you replaced an entire engine and managed to put the coolant into the wrong place lol. If you put coolant directly into the radiator, I cant imagine it would make its way out of the mating surface between the engine and trans. Just no way that can happen. My 05 Accord occasionally leaks some coolant, from the upper hose that goes under the air intake hose. Thats, to the best of my knowledge, the only way to get coolant to make its way to the area you just described. Get back with some pics or a link to a youtube vid.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…