Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab 4×4 FS

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab 4×4 FS

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge For Sale/Wanted 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab 4×4 FS

• Creator
    Topic
    Scott OsborneScott Osborne
    Participant

Asking $5800 OBO

I’m selling my Silverado. This truck is mechanically perfect. The body does need some work. I owned this truck when I lived in Western NY but since moving to North Carolina three years ago it hasn’t seen Rust Belt winter. Once I moved I put a bunch of time into stopping all the rust. I coated the frame in POR-15 and replaced every fastener I could. I pulled the bed and replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the rear section of the frame and coated everything back there in POR-15. The truck is very solid underneath. The frontend was completely rebuilt using MOOG and Energy Parts. The shocks are a new set of Bilstien 5100’s made for a mild lift. The truck was upgraded to 2500 torsion bars and has a set of forged lift keys in it. The alignment is perfect and the truck drives straight as an arrow. The rear end has an extra leaf spring in it and the shackle have all just been replaced. Under the hood the motor needs nothing. It has 225,000 miles on it but runs strong. The water pump was just replaced do to a leaky seal. The knock senors and harness have been redone with the updated parts. I pulled the typical broken bolts on the exhaust and replaced them with studs to prevent that problem from ever coming back. The motor has had Amsoil in it since the day I owned it (08-64,000 miles) When I got the truck I pulled the valve covers and the oil pan and cleaned the motor so that no sludge or residue would remain from the dino oil. This motor is clean. The trans is original and shifts great. That also runs amsoil and has a corvette servo and a metal accumulator conversion. Its always been babied, no heavy towing and no crazy offroading. The 4 wheel drive works great, I rebuilt the front diff at 175,000. The electric locking differential works great. The rear end has fresh bearings and also runs Amsoil.

Everything works as it should on this truck and it has no check engine lights. I have always kept up on the repairs and typically change things at the service interval or just to upgrade things.

The trucks does have some scratches and dings. It has the rusted rocker panel issues. The passenger side fender is a replacement panel and has started to rust. The factory on the driver side is fine. I discovered the top rail on the bed had rusted under the plastic bed liner, so I removed the liner. All in all it needs some body work. I would do it but I don’t have a place to paint it. The tailgate was replaced and is not the same color. I removed the factory tinfoil rear bumper and fabricated a 1/4″ tube and 3/8th flat stock replacement. Its far and away more sturdy and just better all around. I changed the mount to have more material in contact with the frame and use 3 5/8ths grade 8 fasteners per side. The bumper is coated with POR-15. The truck is currently riding on a set of 265/70/17 Load E Treadright Guard dogs with about 75% of the tread left. These tire are great offroad but are a little loud on the highway. I pulled the passenger tires when I first got the truck….Its a truck its supposed to have load rated tires.

The interior is in ok shape. It has the typical tear on the driver seat. The truck has power everything and the Bose radio. I removed the center console and replaced it with a jump seat from a 2013. I no longer have the console. I did not change the dash and glove box so the center console can be re installed. The Factory Sub and amp are still in the truck I just relocated them as they were in the console.

All in all this truck is in pretty good shape. If your looking for a work truck with a big cab this would be great. If you want something that you can wash and wax on the weekends then your going to have to do some body work. For the right person this would be a great vehicle. All the GM issues have been fixed and the truck has many upgrades that were done with factory or factory style parts. I receipts for just about every part I ever put on this truck and most everything is top tier and has warranties.

I’ll update with some more exterior pics. Also I have a trailer and can transport if needed.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…