Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2005 Honda Accord – Driver's seat belt soaked after heavy rain

2005 Honda Accord – Driver's seat belt soaked after heavy rain

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2005 Honda Accord – Driver's seat belt soaked after heavy rain

• Creator
    Topic
    NoName nameNoName
    Participant

Greetings,

After a heavy rain, usually few days of non-stop rain when the car sits in the driveway, the driver’s seat belt is soaked with water.
      Nothing is wet inside the car. No stains in the ceiling, around the door, on the floor, on or around the B-Pillar. Everything is completely dry. Also, the part of the belt that is outside the B-Pillar is also dry.
      What seems to be wet is the part of the belt that is rolled on the end retractor at the bottom.
      Any idea what to look for?

Thanks and Happy 4th!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Chris passiveaggressivemuch?Chris
      Participant

I don’t have a honda but I found this diagram of the seat belt https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2005-honda-accord–4dr_ex_v6-ka_5at/interior_bumper/seat_belts.html
        I’d look for a leak inside the plastic covers on the column. Did you feel the floor to see if it is wet?

NoName nameNoName
        Participant

Thank you Chris.
          I did not check the floor specifically but everything else around the belt and the door seal seems to be dry. I’ll try to remove the covers and check further.

Thank you.

NoName nameNoName
          Participant

I believe I found the culprit: the roof channel is a bit loose right behind the B pillar area. It did not get wet since I put the duct tape on.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…