Menu

2006 Altima no start but weirder

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Altima no start but weirder

• Creator
    Topic
    Mark KMark K
    Participant

Hey! First time ever having to post an issue, 2006 Altima 2.5S, ~130K miles, auto trans, no start, BUT… I have been through the crank sensor thing several times and know about fuel pumps. This is a bit strange to me, it cranks and has solid spark on all 4 wires, I checked fuel pressure, ~45 psi (on Chinese gauge) fuel pump clearly works (and if pressure was too high it would still run right?) I also replaced the crank sensor at rear of motor (3rd time, can do it in my sleep) swapped that sensor with the one at the end of cam shaft. Here’s what’s weird, when I take the fuel pump fuse out it stumbles and almost starts! wth… Have had a rough idle when in gear just before this issue (front motor mount does not look so hot, heard vibrating can also aggravate crank sensor) and looking at my notes had to replace the crank sensor exact same week, 2 years ago. Maybe get new OEM crank sensors in both places??? Help!

Mrkgyver

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

First question, any codes? What tests are leading you to replace sensors?

I might try starting it by spraying starting fluid in the intake and see if it starts. That should give you some direction.

Is the pulling the fuse trick repeatable?

Mark KMark K
        Participant

No codes, the crank sensors are famous for going bad and every time this car has had a no start (3 times) it’s been the crank sensor(s). I did the starter fluid thing, no effect. And as I said, I checked fuel pressure, it was 45 psi, although it was dead ended into gauge, not teed with the engine trying to start. Yes, fuse thing has happened several times. The crank sensor thing is crazy, you’ll have no codes, fuel pressure, and spark and it still won’t run…

Mark KMark K
          Participant

OK… It runs, it probably was the sensor, yet again, but would not start after due to flooding. Ericthecarguy saves me again, man you rock! Was just perusing his “no start” video and there was a tidbit about holding gas pedal down to blowout extra gas, did that, bam, fired right up! I have to go get a bucket full of these sensors…

Mrkgyver

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
            Participant

cool! glad you got it fixed.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
              Participant

glad it got fixed. To answer your question about OEM parts, yes always get OEM parts for fuel system components unless it is the same brand name that they use at the factory. The reason being is that the engineers specifically designed those cars to run at specific fuel ratios and a lot of times the aftermarket parts are not calibrated properly to work correctly with the fuel system and that may very well contribute to it not starting. So keep that in mind for future reference.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…