Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2006 Honda CRV high pitch whistling on acceleration (w/ uploaded video).

2006 Honda CRV high pitch whistling on acceleration (w/ uploaded video).

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Honda CRV high pitch whistling on acceleration (w/ uploaded video).

• Creator
    Topic
    aiskakovaiskakov
    Participant

Updated with video below.

I have a 2006 CRV, auto, 80k miles. Whenever I go above about 60% throttle, there is a high-pitch whistling sound coming from the engine bay it seems. It sounds like a vacuum leak or exhaust leak would. However, when I try to replicate this sound in neutral (standing still) there is no such sound. The sound intensifies with engine speed and can be present in any gear above a certain load on the engine, usually during hard acceleration or going uphill. The AC does’t have to be on for the sound to appear. Do you have suggestions on how to narrow down this problem or areas to check?

Your input is appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Any chance you can get the sound on video?

aiskakovaiskakov
        Participant

[quote=”relative4″ post=189233]Any chance you can get the sound on video?[/quote]

I was out if town, finally got a chance to record a video. You should be able to hear the sound in the video link below. There are three clips, first two are driving. The sound changes pitch at vtec engagement. The third is just standing still and reviving in neutral, accidentally bumped off the rev limiter and heard the sound, so did it again lol.

Trevor FaulknerTrevor Faulkner
          Participant

Hi I have the same problem. Did you find the cause to be vaccuum leak or air intake issue?

Ted HuffmanTed Huffman
            Participant

Were you ever able to figure out what this was? My 2004 CRV AWD does the exact same thing. Mine, however, is a stick. I figured it was a pinhole in the exhaust somewhere near the cat but I have no idea. Either that or a pulley.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…