Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2006 Honday Odyssey-No crank No start

2006 Honday Odyssey-No crank No start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Honday Odyssey-No crank No start

• Creator
    Topic
    maqsood Khanmaqsood KhaM
    Participant

I have a 2006 Odyssey with no crank no start condition. Here is what i have done so far:
      – Battery changed (Brand new)
      – Replaced the starter (It is good, have tested it) and cranks when when shorted
      – Replaced the Ignition switch – works- tested with a test light
      – Replaced/verified starter relay is good tested in another slot as well and it works
      – When I short the relay pin 1 & 2 and turn the key, car starts BUT when I place the relay, the car does not crank or start.
      – I have tested by trying to sart with shifter in neutral as well as by changing the shifter back and forth but no luck.

I am thinking the issue lies in/around the relay BUT cannot verify because light test shows it gets voltage when I turn the key.

Any ideas/ suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
      Participant

It could be the wires going to the ignition that are faulty, and you would need a power probe to diagnose that properly. I believe Scotty Kilmer has a video on that procedure with a Honda Accord. Same thing with the Odyssey. So I would check that.

maqsood Khanmaqsood KhaM
        Participant

I did perform a power probe test and it showed the wires and the harness were fine.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…