Menu

2007 Accord V6 Fuel Pressure

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Accord V6 Fuel Pressure

• Creator
    Topic
    Chuck H.Chuck Hyppa
    Participant

The spec fuel pressure for this car is 55-63 psi. I tested it this weekend and the pressure was 56-58. Is it ok if the pressure is on the low range of the spec? Could this be a sign of a clogged fuel filter/strainer or perhaps the pump is wearing out? I tested the pressure because the car has been hard to start for a while. I’ve check a bunch of things with no obvious smoking gun, so fuel system/pressure is next on the list.

When I turned the engine off, the fuel pressure dropped quickly. Does this mean a problem with the fuel pump check valve? I don’t have any fuel leaks that I could find, inside the engine compartment or outside the car. No smell of gas. I’m thinking I should just install a new fuel pump assembly based on how the car starts and the low pressure/pressure drop. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jeffrey VoightJeffrey Voight
      Participant

The fuel pressure should maintain pressure for a good long while after you turn off the key. There is low pressure when yo start the car because it has to build pressure from 0 quickly, which it can not do. If there are no external fuel leaks, the most likely solution is to replace the fuel pump. I always change the fuel filter when replacing a fuel pump.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Sounds like a failed checked valve.

Chuck H.Chuck Hyppa
          Participant

Thanks, I’m going to replace the fuel pump assembly for sure.

Chuck H.Chuck Hyppa
            Participant

Thanks Richard,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…