Menu

2007 Acura RDX Hard/No Start Help?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Acura RDX Hard/No Start Help?

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick ChatfieldNick Chatfield
    Participant

Hello everyone! I hope yall are stayin dirty out there. So I recently “got a good deal” on an 07 Acura RDX with the 2.3l turbo engine and SHAWD. I checked the codes with my fancy Apollo D9 (it was used but works great!) and I show two codes for the ABS system 52-01 ABS PUMP MOTOR RELAY OPEN CIRCUIT and 83-01 ECM/PCM RELATION FAILURE.

I can’t get the car started or running long enough to really do anything other diag. I tested the battery and it was indeed bad. I replaced the battery, and reset the codes. Trying to start the car normally it won’t start but does crank. I then tried starting it like it was a 1960s buick with the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and bam it starts…and runs for about 2 seconds and dies. No check engine lights, it’s getting spark, maybe a fuel issue? I have worked on K series engines in the past but this is newer and it seems like a different block than say a K20.

Any suggestions? Have a great week yall!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nick ChatfieldNick Chatfield
      Participant

Update: I took the turbo off and it’s rattling. I believe the shaft broke and my impeller is somewhere inside the exhaust. Probably right around the cats I would assume. Just was weird the ECM didn’t show a single code. Only the ABS system had those two codes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…