Menu

2007 Chevy Cobalt SS cruise control

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS cruise control

• Creator
    Topic
    Conrad HutchingsConrad Hutchings
    Participant

hello there my sister has a 2007 cobalt ss that the cruise control cuts out going up hills on some hill and the same hill other days it works fine but when she starts to go up them it will cut out but soon as she gets to the top she can reset it back to the speed she was going and works fine just wondering what would make it cut out like that

Thanks Huchters358

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

With the limited information presented …
        My first question would be:
        What time of day does the fault occur compared to when it doesn’t.
        Being it may be heat related.
        Another question would be:
        Is the set speed consistent when the issue occurs?
        IE. is the speed set @ 50mph and there is no issue, but @60 mph the cruise disengages which could be some mechanical issue.

Participant

It dose not matter the time of day just when u are going up hills sometimes it is in the morring sometimes it is at night and it dose not matter the speed it dose it on most of the speed you set it to would it be the intercooler pump is bad and the supercharger is making it do that and how can I tell if the pump is bad to if that is my problem or just starting to go out

Thanks huchters358

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

I would think setting a scope on the cruise control power,ground and command signal lines would be the first thing to check to see if any of them are dropping out when this happens.

Participant

Hello there I was doing some research and did the scope and none of it is dropping off I was reading it could be because 1 of the 2 CV axels are kinda naming up thinking I am going to replaces both of them and the intermediate shaft but I can’t find the bearing part number for it I found the gm one but I am trying to cross reference it to another brand but can’t find one the gm# number is 12785906 thanks on the input on that and when I do it if that is the problem what kinda manual trans fluid do I need and it clicks when I turn left and I just cant figure out what side it is

Thanks huchters358

Participant

Also I found the seal for the drivers side of the trans mission timken 3543 but I can’t find the seal number for the pasanger side of the trans it is a f35 trans in it and the best fluid to run in it after I do all that work

Thanks huchters358

Participant

Actually I am not 100% Shure that is for the drivers side or passenger side of the car and I also want to make Shure I got the right axels for it before I order them it is a 2007 Cobalt supercharged 2.0l and what I was reading one side of the axel is 33 spline and the other is 27 same length for both sides and the seal for one side part number is 3543 also looking for the intermediate shaft bearing for the pasanger side and the best fluid to put into it sorry for so may comments on here just easier to put it all in one and the trans is f35

Thanks hucmters358

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…