Menu

2007 dodge caliber 2.4l

• Creator
    Topic
    Conrad HutchingsConrad Hutchings
    Participant

Hello there I just noticed that my radator fans are in when I have the car on and the motor is not Evan at temp I just replaced the thermostats because one was stuck open just wondering why the fans are stay on when the car is not at temp yet and just wondering if anyone has changed the block heater out I tryed today and broke it off just wondering what are my next steps

Thanks huchters358

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Conrad HutchingsConrad Hutchings
      Participant

sorry there that did not make any scenes I just replaced both thermostats in the car and it dose not go over 1/4 on the gage and it dose not matter my radiator fans run when I turn the car on just wondering why they are doing that also wondering if anyone has replaced the block heater i went to do it and it broke off flush with block just wondering how I would get that out

Thanks HUchters358

I can’t say specific information on this car, but check your fan relays, and ensure climate control isn’t on. The heat exchange for it is normally directly in front of the radiator and causes the fans to run when not moving. Also check the temp of coolant and trans oil with a 2nd method like scan tool and thermometer, trans oil cooler is built into the radiator and if the temp sensors for it or the block jacket, or gage read wrong you will chase your tail forever. the nipples being broken off, I suggest a radiator shop. If not an option find out if screwed in or sweated in. screwed you need a nipple wrench any hardware store should have. If sweated in, time for specialized skills and fire control, because it takes a torch and solder & flux to do right. Otherwise, buy a tap and threaded nipples in same pitch size that’s slightly over what broke off, and go slow with lots of lube, backing out the tap every 1/4ish inch. Sorry I can’t be more specific, but I like my Dodges slightly more experienced. Good Luck.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…