Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Issues

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Issues

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jason Dresch Jason Dresch 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Dresch
    Jason Dresch
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I was hoping to get some pointers or suggestions. I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.8L and the transmission started slipping at 150K, I dropped the pan and replaced the filter and fluid and added some Lucas Transmission conditioner / Stop Slip. There was no improvement, the fluid turned dark again. In an effort to save money I put a used transmission and torque converter in, I drove it about 200 miles and now it’s slipping more than before. I did not do a “Quick Relearn” with a scanner, I don’t have one.

Most of the transmission shops I’ve spoke with say that the transmission will re-learn itself with enough drive cycles, I don’t know how much truth there is to this.

It really acts like it has a bad torque converter. If you run it through the gears at 2500 RPM it won’t slip or shutter until 45 – 50 mph, then back down to 30 – 40 it will start slipping and shuttering again. Even at high speeds 60 + you will feel a slip if there is a hill, the old transmission acted just about the same way. I find it hard to believe that I have two bad torque converters.

I had a transmission ship recommend that I install a good re-manufactured torque converter and I plan on doing this and see if it will improve. Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading…