Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007 Odyssey J35A7 – front wheel travel

2007 Odyssey J35A7 – front wheel travel

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Odyssey J35A7 – front wheel travel

• Creator
    Topic
    Charles BallewCharles Ballew
    Participant

Greetings:

Start with van is jacked up and jack-stands under frame and front wheels off ground.
      I have vehicle in park and I am able to spin the wheels. Tire doesn’t spin freely there is drag and I have to apply pressure to have wheel spin.
      First question I have is if this is normal for a 2007 Odyssey?

While vehicle is on the ground and in park I can push the car backward to what seem to be about 6 inches before vehicle stops. As if play in half-shafts or transmission and of-course I am guessing
      Second question I have is what could be wrong?

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
      Participant

Yeah that’s all normal. When the car is in the air you can spin the wheels freely because there’s no pressure to tell the traction control to kick in. now when it’s on the ground it will move back to a certain point before the internal transmission lever stops the car which is not good for the car. It’s why Eric always tells people to use their parking brakes even though a lot of people with automatic transmissions usually don’t

Charles BallewCharles Ballew
        Participant

Thanks, I feel better about it now.
          Being near 50 years of age I am used to the car being secured by the “P” on the shifter. I’ll start using the parking break , thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…