Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2008 Buick Lacrosse (w body) trailing arm mounts

2008 Buick Lacrosse (w body) trailing arm mounts

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2008 Buick Lacrosse (w body) trailing arm mounts

• Creator
    Topic
    Vlad2Vlad2
    Participant

So I am replacing rear struts on my 08 Lacrosse, awhile ago I bought new trailing arms and mounths.. Seems like a good time to put these on.

Took off 2 our of the 3 bolts carefully as they where rusted and captive into the body, great, do the third.. put a little too much torque on it as I said, I really don’t like putting this much ass behind it and was about to back off, it snapped.

So I had a bit sticking out of the hole, I put a nut on it and got a mig and tried to weld it. Couldn’t get a good weld on it due to the position of the bolt next to the rocker. So between the garage wall and the car and where the snapped bolt was, I wasted a lot of wire with no success..

So I drilled it out, thought I got center, nope, was way off.. this was when a lot of bad word where said. So I drilled it out all the way and plan on tapping it tomorrow.

But when I was getting the hole bigger so I could tap it, it appears I blew through half the captive nut. So do I tap it through the body and half the nut and let the other 2 bolts take the brunt of the force and be okay with it. Or do I get it back together enough, take it to a welding shop and have them cut and access hole, put a proper nut on the back side of it and have the access hole closed up?

Why is nothing ever simple in the rust belt…

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Vlad2Vlad2
      Participant

I think I am going to pull the back seat and drill a hole from the top. Break off the remainder of the captive bolt and put a washer and nut in from the top.

I’ll drill a smaller hole on the other side so I can use my bore-scope and wd-40 flex hose can and lubricate those bolts before removal…

sound like a good plan?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…