Menu

2008 Chevy Aveo Misfire

Tagged: , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason BishopJason
    Participant

Hello,

I have a 2008 Chevy Aveo with the 1.6l Ecotech mated to a 4 speed automatic. It currently has 120K on the odometer. I’m having issues with a misfire code, P0300 to be exact.

I recently did a timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket and thermostat on it and while checking out the live data, found cylinders 2 and 3 were misfiring, due to oil contamination from a leaking valve cover gasket. I replaced all the plugs, they all looked good (no obvious signs of water or oil burning) along with the wires.

After driving it for about 500 miles, I’m getting an engine light and the generic misfire code. I do not feel any miss in the engine and have no power issues. Fuel economy is where it should be as well. The only other issue I’ve seen was a very brief P0340 for camshaft sensor circuit.

It has not come back, all the wiring and connections to the sensor look good, and a voltage test confirms they are delivering the correct voltage and ground is working. I do not want to load the parts cannon just yet, but without a confirmation of the sensor being bad, I’m at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Jason BishopJason. Reason: Wrong Forum Subsection
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…