Menu

2009 chevy Traverse Gearbox fluid

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2009 chevy Traverse Gearbox fluid

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Atheer juafariAtheer juafari
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’ve problem with my chevy in last week i found my coolant reservoir filled with creamy pink fluid after inspection its seems to be there is a failure in my gearbox coolant that leads to mix gear fluid with coolant water , I’ve made some fixes by replacing the engine radiator and flush gearbox fluid (only on the pan )but the gearbox still not functioning well, shall i replace the gearbox or do full gear fluid flush? any help !

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

IMHO,
        I would try a complete fluid flush first.
        If it works all well and good, plus you’ll save the cost and labor of a major replacement.
        Might look at installing a external cooler and by pass the radiator all together.

Atheer juafariAtheer juafari
        Participant

thanks Richard , unfortunately i can’t replace the gear filter cause it unaccessable without teardown the gearbox, my transmission type gm(6t75) and what about the valve controller! is the flush enough to clean it

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

Can’t say for certain..
            Though there are a growing amount of cases where doing a complete fluid flush (3 gallons or more) have worked on vehicles that have had the strawberry milkshake.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…