Menu

2009 Honda Civic

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars 2009 Honda Civic

• Creator
    Topic
    Matthew RossMatthew Ross
    Participant

My favorite car is my 2009 Civic. How can a commuter car be loved? Well, I drive 55 miles one way to work (110 total a day). My car is a workhorse, and it quietly does it’s job. It has 140,000 miles on it, and never once had a major issue. The CEL has never come on. Granted, I’ve maintained the car religiously. Which brings me to the other reason I love the car. Performing maintenance on the car is a joy. I guess I like Honda’s style of engineering. Everything is logical and well designed. My car has also been in 2 major accidents, and still runs fine. One accident involved a tractor trailer… Anyway, I guess I love my car because it doesn’t complain and just works flawlessly. Next time I’ll buy a more exciting Honda, like the Civic Type R that’s coming out, which could be loved for reliability and being fun.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ErinErin
      Participant

Well, “exciting” and “Honda” are hard to use in the same sentence.
        If type R’s are actually fast at all, try to find out who drove it before. I don;t know if it is still a trend but kids tend to get ahold of Hondas and think they are in a race car (thanks, fast and furious movies)

twiggytwiggy
        Participant

I have a 2008 Honda Civic and my experience pretty much mirrors yours. I had 1 major issue at 160k miles where the engine blocked cracked but it was covered by an extended warranty by Honda due to a known issue, so it didn’t cost me a penny.

My first CEL was at about 180k miles for an EGR valve sticking and at 185k miles right now, I have an issue where the AC doen’t want to turn on intermittently that I’m looking at.

But that’s it for the entire time I’ve owned this car so I can’t really complain.

Matthew RossMatthew Ross
          Participant

Summer_Night: The Civic Type R set the all-time fastest lap around the Nürburgring for a FWD car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9G7N0_M9Rc
            Most Hondas are pretty practical and not very exciting, but I hope that they start making more cars like this in the near future.

twiggy02919: I’m hoping to get 300,000 miles out of my car. It’s really a champ.

EmmanuelEmmanuel
            Participant

[quote=”matthewross1987″ post=138933]My favorite car is my 2009 Civic. How can a commuter car be loved? Well, I drive 55 miles one way to work (110 total a day). My car is a workhorse, and it quietly does it’s job. It has 140,000 miles on it, and never once had a major issue. The CEL has never come on. Granted, I’ve maintained the car religiously. Which brings me to the other reason I love the car. Performing maintenance on the car is a joy. I guess I like Honda’s style of engineering. Everything is logical and well designed. My car has also been in 2 major accidents, and still runs fine. One accident involved a tractor trailer… Anyway, I guess I love my car because it doesn’t complain and just works flawlessly. Next time I’ll buy a more exciting Honda, like the Civic Type R that’s coming out, which could be loved for reliability and being fun.[/quote]

I own a 2005 Civic, 186k miles in it. The only problems I have with my car is with suspension, but I can understand because of the roads in this country (Puerto Rico). I used to race with it but not anymore, still Not a single problem with the engine. I’m a happy Honda owner.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…