Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2009 Honda Odyssey Right Front Axle Question

2009 Honda Odyssey Right Front Axle Question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2009 Honda Odyssey Right Front Axle Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Matthew MontaltoMatthew Montalto
    Participant

Hello All…. This is probably a soft ball one for all you pros out there, but as a DIY’er I have never come across this. I have never done cv axles before but I feel I have studied enough to give it a try, but I have not been able to find any info on situations where there is an “intermediary” shaft involved (call it what you will… I just chose intermediary for description sake)… So the passenger axle replacement I bought has a “female” end and there is a small (male to male) shaft (I think) that goes from there into the transmission …. also seems that there is some sort of bracket where the 2 meet.

Since my replacement for that side did not come with that “intermediary” shaft I am assuming I re-use the one already in the vehicle? Do I take the whole thing out and separate the 2 once they are out… or do I just pop the outer part off of the intermediary using a pry bar against that bracket.

I attached a photo for reference.

Can anyone offer me some advice…. ? Thank you

Matt Montalto

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

When you remove the cv axle, the male portion stays with the transmission and is reused.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…