Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2009 Subaru Legacy won't start after head gasket was resurfaced

2009 Subaru Legacy won't start after head gasket was resurfaced

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2009 Subaru Legacy won't start after head gasket was resurfaced

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph CartagenaJoseph Cartagena
    Participant

Hey all. I am new to this forum and am having a problem with my son’s car. Both my daughter and son have a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i. They both had bad head gaskets. I replaced my daughter’s head gasket, and she is a very happy camper. Her car has 150k miles and runs great. Now for the car from hell. I replaced my son’s head gaskets as well and reinstalled the engine. The car ran well except it had an oil leak. The leak was on the oil sensor port ( I must have overtightened it) and I had to take the engine out once again. Now that I have the engine in I can’t get her to turn over. The car cranks and it starts for a quick second or 2 every so often when I try to work on her. I am getting a P0031 error. I have checked the O2 sensors for continuity and all seems fine. Any ideas? I have run out of ideas. I have checked and cleaned the MAF sensor, the new fuel injectors, fuel pressure. I am not a mechanic and only because of the cost of doing the heads $2000 plus each car I decided to take this on. I learned a lot and actually enjoyed working on my daughters car. My son’s car has been some what of a nightmare. Any he’s much appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Considering you did have the engine installed and running then removed it a second time when this fault occured.
        My first thought would be:
        Inspect and double check all your electrical connections are fully seated and are in the correct locations.
        Check for any wiring that may have gotten pinched, damaged or broken during the engine reinstall.
        Confirm the firing order and timing.
        If all those check out, then check for any stored codes.
        Check for spark and fuel during and after the engine tries to start.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…