Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2010 Ford F150 5.4L (Air Conditioning Issue)

2010 Ford F150 5.4L (Air Conditioning Issue)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Ford F150 5.4L (Air Conditioning Issue)

• Creator
    Topic
    Brandon BenschBrandon Bensch
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has had the same issue I’m having with my AC system. The problem I’m having is that the AC will not turn on from the cabin at all. But when a mechanic uses a diagnostic tablet they are able to turn it on from there. I do know that there is a leak in the system coming from the AC compressor. The leak isn’t too bad since it still has good pressure even after checking it a month later. I am going to put a new compressor in soon but I don’t understand why the cabin will not turn the system on but the tool can.

One of my friends said it could be the climate control module in the cabin but everything on that seems to be working as well. (with heated mirrors, not rear defrost)

Does anyone else have any idea on where else I should look to find the issue?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

It would be quite useful to be looking at live data from a scan tool to see if the command signal is actually being sent out from the climate control module.

JeffJeff
        Participant

AC repair can be quite expensive. It may not be wise to replace parts just to find out you didn’t need to. This should be fully diagnosed before any repair attempts are made. Pressure must be checked with a gage.

hazel ann westcohazel ann westco
          Participant

I agree with jeff. Just to be sure and avoid wasting money.

Steve GrangerSteve Granger
            Participant

Well, i suggest taking help from ac unit installation and repair expert to fix the issue for you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…