Menu

2010 Mazda 3 Inside Door Handle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Mazda 3 Inside Door Handle

• Creator
    Topic
    JustinJustin
    Participant

Hi. I have a 2010 mazda 3 whose inside door handle does not work! The door opens fine from the outside, so if we roll down the window from inside and pull the handle it’ll open but here in the midwest when the colder weather hits that can be a deadend as sometimes the window will freeze.

I’ve attempted some repair on my own, but it didn’t seem to fix the issue.

– I pulled off the inside panel and noticed the plastic keeper for the door cable was broken.
      -Purchased replacement, put cable on, replace and could open door but would require a “shoulder check/Bump” to get it open.

Unfortunately I think this roughness with the new handle has caused that cable to come out again, but my bigger question is why is it so hard to open the door when the cable is in the keeper on the handle? I wouldn’t think its the latch needing greasing as the outside handle opens the door just fine, I don’t have to pull hard or anything of that sort. I don’t really know what to do to fix it, other than putting the cable in the keeper but as mentioned that isn’t a sure fix as it’s hard to open.

Any suggestions?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…