Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2010 Suzuki SX4 persistant misfiring issue

2010 Suzuki SX4 persistant misfiring issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Suzuki SX4 persistant misfiring issue

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Friday NightFriday Night
    Participant

I have a 2010 Suzuki SX4 that has had a persistant electrical/cylinder misfiring issue all year. It started as a misfire code, so i changed all the spark plugs. Runs fine for a few weeks then begins misfiring again. I changed the ignition coils twice this year and the spark plugs three times. Every mechanic I take it to either says its fine or just wants to change out the plugs/coils again without looking for the issue that is causing them to burn out. But i know its not the parts, its something affecting the parts, some under lying cause. The plugs only have a few months of use on them and they are already burnt on the white part. I live in a small town so i exhausted the mechanics i can take it to, and i only have a small amount of experience with working on cars. Would a bad alternator cause this? Is there too much power being sent to the cylinders? Any advice on a direction to go in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. What would cause my plugs/coils to keep burning out, causing misfiring and the engine running rough?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Often overlooked in a situation like this is the mechanical condition of the engine. I suggest you start with a compression test and if you find an issue, a leak down test to determine the mechanical condition of the engine before looking for an electrical cause of the problem. I also recommend you check the condition of the timing chain or belt to see if it is loose. Loose timing components can cause misfires.

More info on solving problems like this here: http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues

Good hunting.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…