Menu

2010 Titan 5.6 Crank No Start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 Titan 5.6 Crank No Start

• Creator
    Topic
    the metal bisonthe metal bison
    Participant

I noticed about 2 weeks ago the truck didn’t start right away. I thought nothing of it, and just cranked it again, and it started. A couple days later it did it again, only worse. Trying to get to work early in the morning, cranking and cranking, but it’s not starting! So I gave it one last hail mary and cranked it again and it actually started. So a few days ago, I came to the same weird problem again. Now it won’t start at all.
      I hit it with starter fluid. It acted like it was about to wake up, but still didn’t start. I checked for spark, and no spark either! I checked the schrader valve over the fuel rail and it was no pressure. So maybe it’s a relay?
      I see the relays, but I cannot, for the life of me, find any diagram saying what they are.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

You can find the FSMs for nissans here:

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Could be a relay….
          Could be a faulty crank and / or cam sensor
          Or something else.
          Does the ECU have any codes stored?

See if any of these help : https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=2010+Titan+5.6+relay+location&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjF8eKSuMXpAhUnmHIEHTVMCNMQsAR6BAgHEAE&biw=1366&bih=693

Participant

I see the other kind has the ECM and Starter relays identified but the one for mine doesn’t say. It does show me the ignition relay. But that’s all.
            And these things are very aggravating to even get out. For example, I can’t. I cannot get the damn relays out. Why would they design them that way

Participant

Anyone know what relay or fuse controls the ignition coils?
              Also, my scan tool won’t communicate with the truck.

Participant

Are you saying the ECU isn’t functioning or your specific scan tool?
                You’ll need to confirm that your ECU is talking and listening.

Participant

It’s not the scan tool. It’s the truck

Participant

So you have a dead ECU…..
                    Might start with checking the fuses that power the ECU.
                    From there you’ll need to check powers and ground at the ECU connector(s)
                    If that all checks out good you’ll need to test the 5V ref voltage output from the ECU and to all the sensors to see if the 5V ref is open,shorted or just not present.

Participant

The ecu relay, which is the ignition relay (I’ve found out) is working fine. I haven’t checked for the 5v reference yet

Participant

The ignition relay maybe functional but that doesn’t always translate to the ECU having power(s) and ground(s)
                        which is why:
                        checking the fuses that power the ECU
                        check powers and ground at the ECU connector(s)
                        test the 5V ref voltage output from the ECU and to all the sensors

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Loading…