Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2010 VW Routan aka Dodge Grand Caravan – loses electric power on bumpy road

2010 VW Routan aka Dodge Grand Caravan – loses electric power on bumpy road

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2010 VW Routan aka Dodge Grand Caravan – loses electric power on bumpy road

• Creator
    Topic
    TomTom
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a 2010 VW Routan, basically the same thing as a Dodge Grand Caravan and had a problem this past weekend. I was driving in the mountains on a very rough gravel road with lots of washboard and after a while the van started intermittently loosing electric power. Everything would shut off – all gauges, lights, radio, engine, etc and then turn back on in a couple seconds. It did this every time the road was rougher I had to drive really slowing to get back to civilization. When I got back on the highway, it was fine again. I checked to see if there was any loose wiring on the battery and the alternator but it looked ok. I also checked if the fuses were all still firmly seated and they were so I’m wondering if anyone has seen this before and/or if they have any suggestions.
      Also, I bought a new battery for the van about a month ago so I’m also wondering if maybe there isn’t a problem in the battery itself.

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

I would suggest first checking main ground connections to the frame and body.
        Also check the connections going to and under the fuse box.
        Another possible area to check is the connection and operation of the ignition switch.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…