Menu

2011 Ford Focus power loss

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Ford Focus power loss

• Creator
    Topic
    joshuajoshua
    Participant

Im trying to figure out whats going on with my friends 2011 ford focus. It started losing power and refusing to accelerate. It would happen randomly. Sometimes it would run fine and then others u could put the pedal to the floor and the RPMs wouldnt move. It always starts right up. We took it to the shop and he cleaned out the Throttle body, He said if that didnt fix it we would need to replace it. we ended up replacing it when she got stuck 30 mins away bc the car wouldnt accelerate again.

I just put the new throttle body on and it runs much better (for now) but the thing that has me uncertain about it being fixed it the cart will not rev up past 3500 RPM. it doesnt seem normal.

i Replaced the Brake drums before this all happened and i forgot to switch over the ABS rings so we have brake light galore going on, is there maybe a safety feature that affects the cars performance when the “Check Brake System” warning is on?? its the only idea i got unless we need a fuel pump or something?

any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Has the vehicle been scanned for any error codes.
        Might be a good place to start.

joshuajoshua
        Participant

Yes it’s been scammed. It has no codes.
          However I read online that the auto trans model of this focus has a computer limitation on the RPM’s so it’s not an issue like I thought.

However her car started acting up again today. She was on a hill and lost power and had to pull over until her car would allow her to accelerate again.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

My suggestion would be to hook up a scan tool and view live data while the car is running normally, then view live data while it is having its issue.
            A comparison should show where to begin looking for the cause

Jeffrey VoightJeffrey Voight
            Participant

A plugged catylitic converter can also cause these symptoms.

Eric LambousyEric Lambousy
              Participant

I dont know about the other stuff, but a fuel pressure test can rule out the fuel pump and is easily done.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…