Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L front end woes

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L front end woes

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L front end woes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Billy Billy 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Sean D Savinell
    Sean D Savinell
    Participant

Having the just got this extremely clean Santa Fe for my wife, I was surprised how much pep the lil 3.5L V6 puts out, it’s surprisingly fast. Don’t know if someone put a tune on it or not. But anyway, I’m rambling… The car has new tires all around from the dealer, and when it’s raining or even little snow/slush on road, it spins out, like hydroplaning for a second when you hit the water.. like kicks out all time. All you can Do is back down the accelerator and relax. Makes u feel like your gonna lose it. I know it’s got some pep, but this is crazy.maybe I got a squeaky strut, I hit a pot hole going slow in a weird way, like dragged tire out coming out of pot hole, developed a squeak at the top of the drivers side strut tower.

Maybe a bad tie rod? Drives fine when dry.

Sean

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Billy
    Billy
    Participant

What kind of tires?

Sean D Savinell
    Sean D Savinell
    Participant

Cheap Chinese tires, I’ll look when I get home. I was planning on rotating them this weekend. I know they were cheap because I insisted on new tires before I bought the car. I will post the make later on. I see where you going tho… Thanks.

Sean

Sean D Savinell
    Sean D Savinell
    Participant

Yeah their ‘Wild Fire Sportage HXT’ definitely a Chinese brand

Billy
    Billy
    Participant

That is the most likely cause of the problem.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading…