Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL How to tell if Transmission Mount bad?

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL How to tell if Transmission Mount bad?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL How to tell if Transmission Mount bad?

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel DominBlazerguy1983
    Participant

I have a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Automatic non-hybrid and I am trying to determine if my Transmission Mount is bad. I noticed it has a lot of movement in the mount when I push the engine back and forth with my hand. I am attaching a YouTube link below to a video I made of me pushing on the engine while focused on the transmission mount. The movement I am seeing could be normal, but I have nothing to compare it to. I checked the upper right engine mount and the upper and lower torque mounts they all seem fine with no tares or excessive movement. My reasoning for looking into the engine mounts is because I get a shaking sensation during acceleration especially on an incline. All of the steering and suspension components feel fine in exception of a slight play in the right inner tie-rod end. the shaking feels more like a wobble through the body of the car and isn’t noticeable through the steering wheel. I also checked the cv-axles and they to appear to be okay too. My Altama has 82,600 miles on it and has been having this issue for about 15,000 miles. I changed the CVT fluid and it also made no difference. Also no codes or pending codes. Thanks for any help!!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Ummm … Yea that looks a bit excessive

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…