Menu

2011 Ram 1500 SLT V8

• Creator
    Topic
    Manuel ContrerasManuel Contreras
    Participant

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 SLT V8 the problem the truck is giving me is that the truck will not start up by turning the key like it should. I have to jump start it every time for the truck to start and most times if I turn the truck engine off I’ll have to give it another jump start. It all started when the ETC service light came on the truck wouldn’t start so had it replaced with another ETC (electronic throttle-control) it ran good for two days and then it started doing it again not wanting to start so I tried jump starting it and it started and that seems the only way that’s how I could get the truck to start for now. Any suggestions on what’s causing this issue and how to fix?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

I’d check the battery and have it load tested, also check all power and connections and ensure they are all clean and tight.
        Might also inspect the fuse box both top and bottom for corrosion.

juan medranojuan medrano
        Participant

I’d start off by checking your battery. A weak battery can cause issues.

Participant

Ok thank you I’ll get started on that today

Participant

Yes I have had it checked at the store I got the battery from and right now I got it on auto maintaining on a charger

Participant

Ok I checked all fuses and relays and battery terminals and cables everything was good

Participant

I checked everything you mentioned and all looks good as for the fuse box, connections, cleaned up connections and tighten terminals. As for load test I’m not sure what you mean and what power would I need to check for?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
                  Participant
                  Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…