Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2012 Denali power steering pump flat rate

2012 Denali power steering pump flat rate

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only 2012 Denali power steering pump flat rate

• Creator
    Topic
    DanielDaniel
    Participant

I had a2012 Denali awd with a bad power steering pump.
      I only had about 90 minutes left till quitting time. I figured I could knock out this last job before I cut out.
      I looked it up on Mitchel and it called for 5.4 hours. They wanted my to drop the transfer case, remove cat, all kinds of stuff.
      There was a top on there saying to pop the two bills outta the rear of the sub frame. Said it could be done in an hour.
      Obviously I decided to go this route.
      Turns out I figured how to do it even quicker.
      Took off rf tire, popped the right outer tie Rod off the knuckle, lifted the truck, took off the 2 10mm bolts holding the heat shield on the rack, disconnected the hoses from the pump, remove the 2 15mm bolts, and you can wiggle the pump out over the rack and between the drive shaft and cat.
      Took me 30 minutes total.
      I figured I would post this since it is a common problem.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      IanIan
      Participant

Good to know. I got hired on as a tech at GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealership not terribly long ago, and I’m started to get re-acquainted with their silliness. When you say you lifted the truck, did you lift it on the rack or did you lift the body off the frame?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…