Saturday my 2013 Chevy Equinox worked fine. I drove it around town for the better part of the day. Sunday morning all hell broke loose.
Started but rattled. Made it to my destination and parked it for 2 hours.
Started but then almost died until I applied gas pedal. Got home and parked it for 6 hours.
Tried to move it – cranked but never turned over.
Plugged in my code reader and got this mess of errors:
– P0011(A camshaft position timing Over – Advanced or System Performance bank 1)
– P0016(Crankshaft Position camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor A)
– P0017(crankshaft position camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor B)
– P228D(Manufacturer control)
– P011 (again)
– P0089(fuel pressure regulator 1 performance)
– P0106(Manifold absolute)
– P0301(Cylinder 1 misfire detected)
I had it towed to a mechanic yesterday and he told me I needed a total engine replacement ($7200). I know it’s cheaper than a new car…but OYE VEY!
Who keeps $7200 just lying around?
Help – am I screwed?
Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.