2014 GMC Sierra stuck in 4WD

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge 2014 GMC Sierra stuck in 4WD

Tagged: , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    grant fostergrant foster
    Participant

Hello,

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4wd with 140,000 miles on it. I was pulling into my neighborhood the other day and was slowly turning right when the truck shut completely off. No power. I parked the truck and tried to start it back up and nothing. not even a click of the starter. After about 5 minutes the truck was able to start and started back up just fine. Once it started, I now had a “Service 4WD” icon on the dash and now my truck is stuck in 4WD. To be clear the truck was in Auto Mode when the truck shut off. I cleaned the battery ground and checked the TCCM fuse and it was good. On the 4WD dial the auto spot has a yellow light but none of the other options will light up. When I do start the truck the 4Low dial spot will have a red light and then go off. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Richard SweetingRichard Sweeting
      Participant

Yes sir i have worked on a couple of them first take the positive and negative off the battery and put them together for 30 sec.and then put the positive on then the negative on then turn ignition switch to on position for 30 sec.This will help with reprograming of the moduals.And if still you need to pull of the acuator on transfer case and get the trany fluid out of it and reinstall then try again. Hope this will help. Richard Sweeting

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…