Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2014 Silverado 6.2L AFM delete – good idea???

2014 Silverado 6.2L AFM delete – good idea???

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2014 Silverado 6.2L AFM delete – good idea???

• Creator
    Topic
    Frank WelderFrank Welder
    Participant

Hello,

I just bought my first ever chevy. I went big! I got a tricked out High Country with ALL the bells and whistles. I’m hearing nightmare stories about the AFM/DOD system. I’m also hearing that I can help myself out by simply plugging an AFM delete module into the OBD II port. Do you have any words of wisdom here? On a related note, I also have a 2006 Odyssey with VCM that I’ve left alone and had no issues with for the 140,000 miles currently on the “clock.” I like the concept of saving gas but don’t want to have to replace an engine just to see a little light go on my dash occasionally which infers I’m saving a cent or two. Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I don’t have any info on the Chevy, but if it’s not broken, don’t fix it is my policy. Same goes for the Odyssey. I haven’t had any issues with my VCM either and have no intention of deleting it. Just keep your oil changed regularly with the correct viscosity and you should be fine.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…