Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2014 SRX Won’t Crank After Collision

2014 SRX Won’t Crank After Collision

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2014 SRX Won’t Crank After Collision

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Andrew KleinmannAndrew Kleinmann
    Participant

Hey All! Need some help or suggestions. I’m in the process of rebuilding a 2014 SRX that was hit in the front. Opening the door the display is on, however when I press the start button it just shuts off and flashes the check engine light. It does NOT crank or make any noises, so it doesn’t appear that it even attempting to start. Initially I thought the easy stuff, fuses, relays, and battery. I checked all the fuses and relays they seemed fine. I swapped the battery with a new one to provide consistent voltage, not no avail… The engine appears to be in perfect condition and doesn’t appear to have any external damage, the airbags were NOT deployed in the car, so I’m narrowed down to a possible ECU issue or possibly an odd factor that I’m not considering.

is there any rebuilders out there with experience in a similar situation?

thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Suggest you look at the area that was damaged in the collision for any possible wiring damage that may have happened.

Andrew KleinmannAndrew Kleinmann
        Participant

Yes, we’ve looked at all the wiring and plugs. Everything appears to be intact.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

If you know 100% for certain that there is no component or wiring damage.
            Also that any impact disabling safe guards are not engaged or issue with any security system the vehicle may have.
            Then you’ll need a wiring diagram for your specific vehicle and start looking at the start circuit to see what is missing.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…