Hi there. I have a 3rd generation 2015 Honda Fit LX with CVT. I reversed polarity jumpstarting it and now some of the smart electrical things don’t work. Here are some of them:
– Cruise Control state resets when I turn off the ignition. I usually leave it in Main On state (press the Main button on the steering wheel) at all times and just press Set when I actually need CC. Now I have to press the Main button every time before Set.
– Headlight’s Auto mode doesn’t work (lights go dark).
– Central locking system (the buttons on the drivers side door that lock/unlock all doors) doesn’t work unless the ignition is on.
– Remote key doesn’t work (the small led is flashing when I press buttons on the keyfob but nothing happens, the car won’t lock/unlock)
– Power Windows buttons don’t work unless the ignition is on.
– The stereo didn’t work but I was able to fix that by replacing a blown fuse.
Everything else seems fine, the car runs, turn signals/lights/stoplights work.
I have a new battery now, checked all fuses (Box A under the hood, Boxes A and B under the dash on the driver’s side). Only one was blown (the car stereo).
What else can I check to narrow down the problem?
Can I fix this without special tools?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.