Menu

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan No crank

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan No crank

• Creator
    Topic
    Pascal BeausoleilPascal Beausoleil
    Participant

Hi guys! I have a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan and it’s not cranking. All the lights in the dash act normally but when I try to start the van, nothing happens. I checked the fuses and they are all good. I swapped the starter relay with one I know for sure it’s working and still nothing. I checked on the “control” side of the relay, I have the 12V on one end all the time and 12V on the other end when I try to crank the engine. On the “output” side of the relay, I have also have 12V on one end on the relay all the time but no 12V at the starter when I try to crank it. I did a continuity test on the wire between the starter and the TIPM (Fuse box) and my multimeter is beeping like there’s continuity.Now, I’m out of ideas what could be the problem. Could it be the TIPM ? I’m not really able to test the voltage directly underneath the TIPM since there’s no room to check it without having to disconnect all the plugs.

BTW I already changed the battery and the starter.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Pascal BeausoleilPascal Beausoleil. Reason: Forgot to mention I changed the battery and starter
    Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Just a thought, have you inspected / tested the ignition switch and its wiring?

Participant

No I didn’t but when I turn the key to START, the radio and the HVAC turn off like normal when you try to start the van. I thought if it’s acting like this the computer is receiving the signal from the ignition switch. Maybe I’m wrong.

Participant

Just because the accessories turn off when in the start position, does not always mean the starter is getting commanded on from the ignition switch.
            This is something that would need to be tested.

Participant

Can I test it with a test light or a multimeter or I need a scanner ?

Participant

Either test light or a multimeter will work fine.
                Might also check for voltage drop to the starter motor to see if the trouble may be in the cables.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…