Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2017 Hyundai Tucson won't start after ignition assembly replacement

2017 Hyundai Tucson won't start after ignition assembly replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge 2017 Hyundai Tucson won't start after ignition assembly replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Manuel GironManuel Giron
    Participant

Hello all,

I purchased a car that had been vandalized, completely destroyed the ignition switch and part of the opening in the ignition assembly. I went ahead, ordered an ignition assembly from the junkyard and swapped it out – got the respective keys to the assembly. So when I turn the key to ON, everything inside turns on, the AC works, the windows work, the lights work, everything electric seems to work. However, when I turn the key further to invoke the starter/engine, nothing happens. I do hear a small click, like if the solenoid on the started is moving to make contact, but the car does nothing. It doesn’t crank, doesn’t make any noises or noticeable attempts at turning on besides that small click I just mentioned. I am thinking that it could be the key, as it’s not registered to the car, but I will admit that I am coming from a place of ignorance so I would appreciate any and all guidance here. I would also like to point out that the security system seems to be working just fine and the dashboard is not showing any errors related to the immobilizer or the key. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

-Manuel Giron

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…