Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch

86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum 86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch

• Creator
    Topic
    stuartstuart
    Participant

first let me wish everyone a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and try to be safe out there. now, can anyone please tell me how to remove the ignition switch on an 86 Honda goldwing GL1200 SEi? the ignition switch developed a short and i need to swap it out for another one. i’ve checked all the videos available and none of them show how to remove the ignition switch.

thanks,

stuart.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RobRob
      Participant

[quote=”roadwanderer2″ post=169309]first let me wish everyone a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and try to be safe out there. now, can anyone please tell me how to remove the ignition switch on an 86 Honda goldwing GL1200 SEi? the ignition switch developed a short and i need to swap it out for another one. i’ve checked all the videos available and none of them show how to remove the ignition switch.

thanks,

stuart.[/quote]
        Sorry I dont know about bikes but maybe this will help
        http://goldwingdocs.com/How-To-Articles.asp

stuartstuart
        Participant

Hey 3rdgear, thanks for the reply, im already a member of the goldwingdocs website. theres no “how-to” articles on removing the ignition switch, but i’ve found out on my own. its the same way as removing the ignition switch on a GL1100. its much easier to remove it with the front fairing off the bike, otherwise you need a 36″ 1/4″ drive extension with a 10mm socket and go up from under the fairing which makes it kinda difficult if your trying to hold the extension just right to get the socket on the bolt head.

stuart.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…