Menu

90 Honda Civic 2.5L 5 Speed

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 90 Honda Civic 2.5L 5 Speed

• Creator
    Topic
    William McCaffertyWilliam McCafferty
    Participant

Parts replaced on this car are numerous, but the only three I can see contributing to this are the thermostat (defective), front transaxle mount (broken), and the oxygen sensor. The vehicle ran much better after.
      Problem now is, I drive it any real distance, I shut it off, and on restart it shudders hard like a random misfire, until I get to about 2K RPM. Noticed today, that it would pop the intake occasionally, which leads me to believe timing to be the fault.
      As I have NO idea of when it was last replaced, and the car has 256,000 miles on it, I ordered a complete timing belt kit off RockAuto.

Thoughts? Anyone else experienced this symptoms?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Correction, 1.5L…

CC
        Participant

If its backfiring through the intake, that could possibly be due to the oxygen sensor you mentioned being bad. If its bad, I would change it anyway. About the stalling out issue, check the main relay. These plagued early 90’s Hondas commonly. The solder joints get little cracks in them and will cause the fuel pump to stop working momentarily.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by CC.
          Participant

It isn’t. On further diagnosis, it a leaking fuel injector.
            D15B1/2, can I replace them without disassembling the entire top of the intake?

Participant

Anybody? DPFI is a new one for me. I know I can convert this to MPFI, but that’ll be down the road a piece if.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…