1994 Honda Accord EX, Automatic – F22b1 Engine
Have searched many pages on the internet and still have yet find out what the problem is. I have a feeling either the Throttle Position Sensor is going out, or the TCM.
1. Car won’t shift out of park unless I engage the Shiftlock Release with a key
2. Will not shift to second gear unless I downshift from D4 to 2; also has trouble shifting into 3rd, sometimes not even 4th.
3. Under mid/full-throttle, there is extreme hesitation for 3-seconds, and is repeatable; causes jerking motions.
4. Car idles dangerously low, stalled out few times in traffic.
5. When car is in park, I step on the gas and it hesitates to rev up
An internet webpage said it might have been the TPS sensor. Checked that with multimeter – it is getting proper 5V; however, when I probed signal wire, I wasn’t getting any wacky voltages, but rather from 1.5V at closed throttle to 3.4V at wide-open throttle. TPS should read from 0.5V to 4.5V.
Any help in diagnosing this is greatly appreciated. I am a college student on break, and I prefer fixing this myself.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.