Menu

94 Silverado C1500 Air Distributor

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 94 Silverado C1500 Air Distributor

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris MorefieldChris Morefield
    Participant

I’m fixing up my late grandpa’s 1994 Chevy Silverado c1500. The air inlet actuator plays the drums every time you turn the key on or off. So I’ve pulled the entire dash and distribution box to clean out a squirrel nest and swap the Evap core while it’s out and I’m throwing a new to me dash core that’s in way better shape. My issue is that the box has upper and lower half’s that are sealed with an with some kind of adhesive sealant in addition to metal screws on the corners and I don’t know what’s a good replacement. It’s in the hvac so I don’t want fumes blowing into the cabin. I want it semi permanent so I can service it in another 25 years. I want it non hardening so it doesn’t flake but non of the big three auto store have suggestions. I’m also curious what sealant are they using around the seat anchor bolts that’s still moldable to this day. It a waterproofing rubber compound it seems. Any ideas? Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

A RTV sealant should work fine.

NelsonNelson
        Participant

The hvac box sealant tape you need is a butyl rubber sealant tape. It comes on a roll Example is the Model 40BT , made by Fabral and sold by Home Depot. You will need to identify the width for your application.

Participant

Any particular one? I see super black, red, gray, clear, sealant and adhesive. Some from jb weld saying silicone. Others from permatex. These won’t permanently fuse the top and bottom half’s right?

Participant

I was honestly thinking about something like this until I started prying the top and bottom apart and I see a stringy glue holding on. It’s kind of like that clear glue they use to stick credit cards to papers inside envelopes but stronger

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
              Participant

This should fit your needs.
                Dap 18354 Seal ‘N Peel Removable Caulk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…