Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • '95 Camaro fuel pressure/electrical issue

'95 Camaro fuel pressure/electrical issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here '95 Camaro fuel pressure/electrical issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Nick ShepardNick Shepard
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a 1995, 3.4L Camaro that has been giving me fuel pressure problems for a while now. Pressure is low on key on, and low while the engine is running. Before this the previous pump died a mile from my house, and since then it’s been a bit of an odyssey replacing that and checking everything out.

So after putting in a new pump and sender unit, and checking everything from the fuel rail back I’ve discovered an electrical issue (maybe that’s why the old pump went out)? Doing a drop voltage test, I found the ground side is good, with only a .15V drop at the fuel pump connector. The power side isn’t doing so well, as it’s over a 1V drop at that connector and also reading high resistance at other connectors in that circuit. Here is the electrical diagram with the readings:

https://preview.redd.it/oecdx6t3lsy41.jpg?width=1345&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8c969685084067fe7ed9e08ece1a5a012a9bf612

From that, where should I suspect the resistance issue is coming from? I thought it would be the fuel tank connector A1, but if I’m getting those values at other points the problem is somewhere earlier right?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Why not just load test the circuit.
        Disconnect power to the fuel pump and use a light or lights of equal load.
        If they burn bright the circuit can handle the load, if not, begin working your way backwards to isolate the issue.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…