Menu

97 Camry 2.2L crank no start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 97 Camry 2.2L crank no start

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike ChlebowskiMike Chlebowski
    Participant

From the beginning,..
      High idle at park n neutral,…
      Took off IAC to clean ,.. stripped nut but able to remove with drilling out and removal tool,…
      Resulting in metal fragments on magnet; IAC was stuck but in process of cleaning metal fragments and carbon the valve had a lot of play including removing throttle body resulting in crank /no start,…
      Replaced throttle body/IAC ,…still crank no start,..
      Fuel pressure good and maintained spec post 20 minutes per Haynes manual,…all sensors checked out regarding OHM per manual excepts temp sensor reading off a smidge per ambient temp,…
      12 volts to appropriate sensors including good 5 Volt reference readings ,…
      Throttle position sensor worked accurately with multimeter backprob,…. code 1300
      Both coil packs checked out but replaced with Denso with new wires,..engine wanted to start but did not,… I have read that when throttle bodies have been removed on these they need to be reprogrammed and that information I’m getting 50% of the time,…very frustrating.
      Any advice welcome!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Just to add,.. camshaft sensor tested good ohms but was coated in old oil,..I cleaned up and am in process of bolting down,..

Participant

Forgot to mention no spark 1-4 plug wires but voltages good to coil pack
          Ground good as well???

D LopezD Lopez
          Participant

Have you inspected and ohm the Crank Sensor? My Crankshaft sensor went out on my 97 Camry resulting similar issues. Also inspect the Crankshaft sprocket. My had two damaged teeth on a previous 98 Camry I had resulting car shutting down after 5 seconds of running.

D LopezD Lopez
            Participant

Forgot to mention. In addition, make sure all your wires, connectors, and vacuum lines are installed correctly. Good luck 👍

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…