Menu

99 honda accord clutch slippage

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums 99 honda accord clutch slippage

• Creator
    Topic
    mikemike
    Participant

HI GUYS I HAVE A 1999 HONDA ACCORD 4 CLY

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      FordaholicFordaholic
      Participant

Well. how much does it slip?? If it were me personally i would replace the clutch. have you taken it off? how is your oil? using the right type? id get a new one to be safe better than sorry. good luck

cheers,Preston.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
        Participant

[b]I don’t know on this year.., But you can probably adjust the clutch cable a bit.
          Eric has a video on this i think.[/b]

ALLWRLD SMITHALLWRLD
          Participant

yes get ready to replace the clutch ….i have a 99 honda accord 4 cyl 2.3l engine as well, 196000 miles…i just had to do the clutch about 4 months ago.
            i will say u are in luck that its giving u signs of slippage because mine just went no warning at all… i was pulling away from a stop light and the clutch pedal went to the floor
            and never returned.. i first replaced the slave cylinder and new hydraulic line,which wasnt bad but then the master cylinder was leaking ..and that was a bitch..because the
            thing is located on drivers side right behind the wheel well and theres no space to work unless u have hands like a 4 yr old…that part took literally about 1 month to do..then
            found out the clutch itself was gone..flywheel is good enough to machine and keep but ……
            so i would say check the slave cylinder first to see if its holding fluid and pressure .. if not .. do a full clutch job

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…